Hydrotherapy is also known as Aquatic physiotherapy and is the treatment of a wide range of conditions in a purpose built heated pool.It utilises the;
- Warmth of the water to relax muscles
- Buoyancy to assist or resist movement
- Weightlessness to ease pain and stress on the joints
You do not need to be able to swim benefit from hydrotherapy. Your head does not go under the water. If you are not confident in the water your feet can remain firmly on the bottom of the pool.
A hoist is available for those patients who are unable to manage the steps.Conditions that benefit:
- Post-operative orthopaedic conditions
- Acute and chronic back pain
- Mobilisation of stiff joints
- Arthritic conditions
- Muscle weakness
All sessions are carried out on a one to one basis with the physiotherapist in the water with you.